Finsen Technologies Production Manager
Opportunity for a talented and experienced Production Manager to join an exciting fully funded London/ based startup company focused on medical decontamination equipment.
Finsen Technologies is a British based company specialising in the design and manufacture of UVC Hospital Disinfection equipment.
The company was founded three years ago and is experiencing high sales and production growth due to unprecedented demand for its products internationally. It recently secured venture investment and is looking to further expand the team.
We are looking for an experienced Production Manager to organise and oversee the manufacturing of Finsen’s products. You will be ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all product production through to shipment and the quality of output.
Production is currently with contract manufacturing partners and therefore experience in working with contract manufacturing may be of benefit.
We expect you to have deep know-how in production procedures. Decision-making and problem-solving will take up a great part of your day.
Finsen’s head office is in London but the successful candidate and may be based anywhere in the UK however must have the flexibility to make unplanned trips across the UK and abroad as required. A regional office is planned to be established in the East Midlands where a regular presence will be expected.
- Liaise with Finsen management to formulate objectives and understand production requirements
- Liaise and negotiate with contract manufacturers to ensure specifications and deadlines are met
- Estimate costs and prepare budgets
- Closely monitor production to resolve issues
- Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc, cash-flow)
- Train and approve maintenance contractors and distributors to perform routine maintenance
- Provide second line support to distributors via telephone and in person where required including performing upgrades or changes to the product in the field
- Ensure products meet our high-quality standards before signing off on them
- Be responsible for maintaining Finsen’s quality system
- Enforce health and safety precautions
- Constantly review key components and ensure supply chain is maintained
- Report to CEO
- Proven experience as production manager
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Understanding of quality standards, health & safety regulations and international regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Excellent organisational and leaderships skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience of working with and growing a supplier base
- Flexibility to make unplanned trips abroad at short notice
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- BSc/Ba in engineering, business administration or relevant field is preferred
We Will Offer
The opportunity to make a big impact in one of the most exciting UK medical technology companies
- A competitive salary (based on level of experience)
- A performance based bonus
- Freedom to work flexibly in a way that suits you
- A great team ethos and flexible working location.
For more information or to submit a CV please contact the CEO: email@example.com