UVC Disinfection Robots
Finsen Technologies are a British company who have developed the leading product in the field of UVC Disinfection Robots.
At Finsen, we specialise solely in creating UVC disinfection products that help hospitals disinfect rooms and equipment. Our products kill pathogens and help in the battle to limit the huge impact of Healthcare Acquired Infections.
Key to this battle is our UVC Disinfection Robot, the THOR UVC. Other UVC robots are available, but ours has a number of key advantages.
THOR UVC is:
- Proven to achieve log six reduction bacterial kill in minutes. This means that 99.9999% of bacteria is killed through THOR UVC’s cleaning programme.
- Help tackle the blight of HAIs. HAI’s cost the NHS in the UK an estimated £1 billion per annum and account for some 30,000 lives. THOR UVC is part of a new approach, using UVC light technology that has been shown to cut HAIs by up to 37%
- Approved globally. It has been tested and meets all global and local standards. THOR UVC units are installed in hospitals around the world, helping them to fight the spread of infection.
- A product with unique technology. On starting the cleaning programme, THOR UVC scans the room and can then adjust its own height. This enables the machine to deliver the perfect targeted dose of UVC light and the height adjustment ensures no areas are missed. Areas such as on top of equipment are traditionally hard to target, THOR UVC’s technology means they are no longer area that escape disinfection.
- Fully portable. The machine is on wheels and so simply needs manoeuvring into the room - it is light enough to be pushed around by any member of staff. Operation is controlled by a simple tablet app - wheel THOR UVC into place, shut the doors and start the programme.
- Unique room sensing technology continually checks the room. If someone opens the door during the cleaning process, THOR UVC immediately ends the cleaning cycle.
- The disinfection process itself takes just a few short minutes. On completion, a report can be automatically sent through to any administrators - they will know that the room is now ready for use once more. Meanwhile, THOR UVC can be on its way to the next cleaning task.
- THOR UVC can be used to disinfect any enclosed space - hospitals use it for cleaning ambulances as well as rooms.
THOR delivers more UVC power output over a longer distance than any other UVC disinfection robots of this kind, as such it is the most effective and efficient option.
UVC Disinfection Robots - Why Finsen Technologies?
We specialise in the development and production of UVC disinfection products, including our market-leading THOR UVC disinfection robot.
We have many decades’ experience in the field of UV infection control, indeed Finsen Technologies was formed only after years of research into the most effective means of delivering UV disinfection to healthcare settings.
Our products have won awards and been favourably reviewed.
The Clinical Service Journal describes THOR UVC as “the most efficient and unique UVC ROBOT introduced into the Infection prevention Market.
Referring to our products’ use in real-life settings, Bob Darby, Director of Infection Prevention & Control at Circle Health www.circlehealth.co.uk who run hospitals, rehabilitation and NHS health services across the UK, says:
“[We] evaluated THOR UVC® performance in Operating Theatres and other clinical environments and we were extremely impressed with the results achieved. In my opinion, the use of UV-C can be a valuable aid in this as it can; when used correctly reduce bio-burden in difficult to contact areas and will not lead to increased resistance.”
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements for UV disinfection robot technology to assist you in the fight against HAIs and to ensure hospital disinfection.
Full global contacts are available on this site - please see details on our Contact Page.